Saturday, March 10, 2012

Preparing for RVing the Southwest



New Sony NEX-5N camera

OK - I finally broke down and shelled out the bucks for a really nice digital/SLR hybrid camera. Meet my new Sony NEX-5N:


I love it.  It's small and easily fits into my hand, although not easily into my purse like the little Canon point and shoot ELPH.  {Sigh} looks like I'm now going to have to buy and new purse. Still it takes marvelous photos and it's super in low light = no flash needed.

It takes great sharp photos.
You can see the hairs on Toby's face

Good color tones on Peter

Wellll.... maybe a little too much definition on those wrinkles on my face:

Me in my kitchen

... and we're finally starting to capture our view of Monterey Bay (we're still working on the perfect pano):

Looking south towards Monterey

Looking north towards Santa Cruz

Night shots are possible as well:

Moon set in Corralitos at 4am using available light

Although, as much as I hate to admit, Philip still has me beat in taking moon shots:

Full moon over Eugene in March 2012

1 comment:

  1. Marti,

    Let me know your itinerary for the SW this summer. We're heading out late April and plan to spend 6-8 weeks in the southern Utah area. Would love to meet up if we can.

    John

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Retired and enjoying life.